2Loose Willy's Gasser Project, .....................

Interior Welding Work, Patching Up The Holes....

Needed to weld up the "mini-tubs" and while I'm at it, patch up all the interior rust holes as well as the holes I created installing the cage.....

Moved the inside wheel tubs inward about 4" on each side, so had to fill in that gap. Used some 20 gage galv. sheet I had on hand......

While I was at it, filled in the spare tire well, as that will not be used on this rig....

Inside view of the modified tubs, I'll need to trim the seat springs a bit to fit before I reupholster them.....

Quite a bit of rust where the cage tubes when through the front seat floor, used large patches on these...

Driver's side needed several patches to cover the damage...

Back seat main hoop floor had some rust too...

Actually there were patches on top of patches in there already, some done with braze, and some sealed up with roofing tar, Ugly Stuff when your trying to clean up to weld....

Filled in around the secondary hoop (back seat hoop or rear door hoop...) and added a fire wall behind the back seat

Used screws on the firewall as I want to be able to easily remove it...

Trying something a little different here, did some more patching, got every hole I could find that couldn't be filled with seam sealer, cleaned it all up, and scrubbed it all down with Ospho. That etched the galv. sheet patches, and cleaned up the old paint surface. Now I'll try just coating it with a flat clear coat! Leave it looking like this! Am more and more thinking I'll just call the car "PATCHES" or "HAWAIIAN PATCH", that'll get me some questions! Am thinking that when I start patching up the outside body rust holes, to do obvious patches, cleanly and neatly welded on, and to just clear coat the whole thing. like I'm doing in the trunk, after I find out if it will really work!

Scroll up and look at the first pix on this page for a comparo....

The question now is how well will the clear coat adhere over the ospho'd surface! I'll find out!

I pulled the motor out and started patching up the firewall, it had a couple of bad spots, the left side airbox is totally gone internally, not going to replace that for now, just going to weld up the firewall....

Beer box cardboard makes a good template....

Some 20 gage galv. sheet metal was available, so used that....

Tack welded a little at a time, spread it around the perimiter, kept it cool so no warping. Taking my time, eventually got it solid welded. Ground down and ready for paint.

More later......

Here's some links to more pix:

Whacking And Welding Some Fenderwell Headers!

Ten Point Cage Build, and Who Knows What Else, a Chopped Top Maybe????

Dog Dish Hubcaps? Air Filter Rain Covers? Looks Good To Me........

Setting Up The Rear Axle and Suspension page 2

Setting Up The Rear Axle and Suspension page 1

Cutting A Hole In The Hood, and Setting The Fenders....

Installing The Radiator

Setting Up The Tilt Front End

Setting Up The Steering and Suspension 2

Setting Up The Steering and Suspension

Starting To Fit Some Parts Here and There....

Setting Up The Front Axle 2

Setting Up The Front Axle 1

Narrowing The Front Axle

Found This Ford F100 Front Axle

Assembling The Blower Motor

Reworking an Olds 425 to take a 6-71 huffin on it.

Trial fit for the 6-71, a Don Hampton special.

Pulled apart a '67 Olds 400 motor for spare parts.....

Did Some Porting Work on some Edelbrock Olds Heads

Back to the '55 Gasser Home Page

Back to the 2Loose Home Page



































































HTML Editor - Flash - Web Hosting
Home of the CoffeeCup HTML Editor